Small Square – Piata Mica – there are many medieval buildings here in their original shape. In the Middle Ages the square was known as ‘circulus parvus’. Back then the square had houses and the workshops of Sibiu’s craftsmen. The link with the Main Square and Huet Square is made by narrow tunnels and small paved streets.
Ocnei Street is the main link to the Lower Town. The street starts in the square from under the Bridge of Lies, dividing the square in two parts. Another access point towards the Lower Town is an arched tunnel, made under a tower built in 1567, which is continued by the Gold Craftsmen Passageway.
The Catholic Church, the Council Tower, as well as many small shops are located on the southern side.
The eastern side of the square has gothic buildings, all of them being declared historical monuments.
A building dating back to 1568, which housed the first pharmacy in Romania, is now home to the Pharmacy History Museum.
The northern side is dominated by the Arts House. Close to the Arts House is a passageway called the Stair of the Citizens, a link to the Lower Town, or to Huet Square, by crossing the Bridge of Lies, which crosses over Ocnei Street. The Luxemburg House is alongside Huet Square.
The northern side continues itself with 19 th century buildings. The Franz Binder Ethnography Museum is at number 11 (1867) and the Emil Sigerus Ethnography Museum is at number 12