Arts House – with its 8 archways, it is one of the most impressive buildings in Sibiu.
It was raised in the 15 th century, and was named the Butchers House, because of the many ground floor shops that existed here. Subsequently, the top floor belonged to the thick cloth merchants, and in the 18 th century, the building was used as a cereal storehouse.
For a short time, in 1765, it was used as a performance hall.
The city’s coat-of-arms on the front of the building dates back to 1787, when it was restored. On the ground floor, the building has a loggia with 8 half-circular openings supported by massive brick pillars.
Today, the building is home to the ASTRA Transylvanian Civilization Museum.