Mitropoliei Street – starts near the History Museum, and has some important tourist attractions.
The building at number 13, also called The Small Palace, dates back to the end of the 18 th century.
On the opposite side is the Post Building, dating back to 1904.
The Orthodox Cathedral was built in 1906 and is a massive structure inspired by Saint Sophia Cathedral in Constantinople.
On the opposite side of the cathedral is the ‘Andrei Saguna’ Theology Institute. The building was built in 1914 in Neobrancovenesc architecture, which is rarely seen in Sibiu.
The Metropolitan Church Building, raised in the 19 th century, is on the opposite side.
The historical area of the street ends on the left side with the ASTRA Park and on the right side with the Saint Johannis Church, dating back to 1883.